Sunday, February 7, 2010

What I shall do.

Since this is an ongoing problem, I can only suggest the possible course of action that I intend take. Based on my friend's feedback..

1. I will hear out my father’s point of view; the entire argument. Reflecting back I now realize that out of frustration I tend to interrupt my father’s argument with my own without actually hearing him out. This bad habit of mine needs to stop!! I shall ask him more questions to better understand where he comes from. As Kenny had suggested, this would not only show my father that I am not only trying to understand his view point, but I am also respecting it by listening to it thoroughly.

2. I shall come with a plan for the next couple of years. (Thanks Jiv n Ken!) This would include for what duration I intend to work, when I intend to do my GMAT, when I intend to do my higher studies and possibly include where. This would give my father and myself a clearer picture of my plans.

3. Explain clearly and patiently to my father why I feel working first would be better for me. I would like him to fully understand this and how this is what would work best for me.

Thanks for your suggestions and support! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment